We are proud to provide athletic training coverage for local schools and community events. Our purpose is to ensure athletes are able to perform at their optimal level.
Currently, we have athletic training service contracts with Pitt Community College, The Oakwood School and John Paul II Catholic High School.
ECU Sports Medicine oversees our athletic trainers and provides a team physician for each entity. This allows our athletes to have priority access to not only physical therapy, when warranted, but also to ECU Sports Medicine when an athlete requires a physician referral.
We are also proud to provide coverage in partnership with the City of Greenville. Our athletic trainers provide a wide variety of coverage to events throughout Greenville from USA Rugby and Ultimate Frisbee to the Bo Run.
Within our partnerships, you can expect our athletic trainers to:
- Hold a national certification and state licensure
- Provide game coverage with availability for any immediate health concerns
- Communicate with coaches, athletes, parents, and physicians when needed
- Facilitate pre-participation physical exams (PPE)
- Administer concussion vital sign testing (CVS) and provide concussion management services
- Public education on injury prevention
- Supplemental athletic training services:
- ACL Injury Prevention
- Arm care programs
- Team running assessment
- Corrective exercise programs